Page View Monitor

My Shelfari Shelf

Saturday, February 5, 2011

En Route to the Oscars (Sneak Peek)

What do you think? 


I've been an avid Oscar-head for the past four years since the time I realized that I wasn't, anytime soon, going to get anything  inspiring and/or useful to my career as a creative writer from watching cheesy Adam Sandler comedies over and over again.


As an annual habit of mine, I make it a point to check out the Oscar nominees and (try to) make my own predictions as to which film or actor will win which category.


The accuracy of my predictions probably won't impress a lot of people. I always end up predicting the wrong movie or the wrong actor. But it's all good. The important thing is that I'm giving my critiquing abilities and aesthetic sensibilities a stretch. The more I watch good movies, the more the creative juices in my system seem to flow.


I will be releasing my Academy Award predictions before Oscar night which is on February 27, 2011 (hopefully). Also, watch out for my Grammy bets soon.


At the moment, I'm downloading Black Swan, The King's Speech, The Kids are All Right, Blue Valentine, The Fighter amongst many other Oscar contenders I intend to watch so that I may give my verdicts and sentiments. I'm not so sure if I want to watch True Grit though. I've never been a fan of Westerns. We'll see.


I'll keep you posted, my loyal Catapult Nation readers. Obrigados todos! 

1 comment:

  1. nice first line. naunahan mo na naman ako. haha

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear from you!