Page View Monitor

My Shelfari Shelf

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sights and Sounds at Make Your Own Havaianas 2011

What do you think? 
As you may have noticed already from my recent blog posts, I've been becoming lazier and lazier when it comes to writing. So for now, please enjoy these shots I've taken from the Make Your Own Havaianas 2011 event last May 10, 2011 at the Rockwell Tent, Makati City.


As you browse down, try to guess if the pair of flip flops I designed sucked in the end. No peeking!


Havaianas enthusiasts at the MYOH 2011

More spectators waiting to get their hands on their complimentary pair of flip flops

Ate Glaiza, Lifestyle writer, enjoying a gourmet meal.

My design sheet.


Viola! It's not the best pair of Havaianas in the event, but at least I get to have them free of charge!
I put more pins than what is aesthetically sufficient. A single pin costs  100 pesos. Time to take advantage of this opportunity by putting six pins on my pair.

Assemblers at MYOH 2011 ready to assist.

Did you know that the word "Havaianas" is Portuguese for "Hawaiians"? The Havaianas HQ can be found in Brazil.

You can choose from a wide array of soles and straps for your flip flop design.

More straps and soles.

More flip flop stuff.

Ate Glaiza chilling with the assemblers



MYOH 2011 pays tribute to the fashion capitals of the world as seen in their pins and sole designs.

Did you know that according to MYOH 2011, MANILA is actually a fashion capital of the world? WTF?


Me looking like an idiot at the MYOH 2011.

Douche.

Ate Glaiza, me and Franco.

Aside from cool flip flops, MYOH 2011 was also about world-class food and  music

My gourmet tray consists of various dishes inspired by the different fashion capitals. I can't pronounce half of dishes' names.

Fine dining + Andrew Gahol = Happy, happy, joy, joy


Next course please.

Havaianas' Citizens of Summer

Former (?) Channel [V] VJ, Alvey Alfonso

Alvey and Me. I am actually almost as tall as he is.


Flip flops!

I keep coming back to the food. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you!